WIP: old commission of an OC that scrapped and started redrawing tonight
I think it’s safe to say I’ve been putting my annual pass to good use this year. More than last year, anyway.
HELP STAN SAKAI!CAPS, the Cartoon Art Professional Society, has decided to provide whatever assistance we can, starting with an ongoing auction of original art. 100% of the proceeds will go directly to Stan & Sharon to help pay their ongoing medical expenses.
For nearly 30 years, Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo has set a high-water mark for creator-owned comics.
Stan’s wife, Sharon, has battled a debilitating illness for some time; after an extended hospital stay and convalescence, she is now back home, but her condition requires 24-hour care and medicines that cost more than their insurance covers.Creators and publishers, We are asking for your help; please contribute original artwork to this worthy cause.
and Send us your original art donation or product so that we can include it in our auction. Many, many THANKS!!
Bloggers, tumblers and tweeters, please spread the word. Feel free to re-post this wherever you think is appropriate.If you’d like yo help now— You can contribute money to help Stan and Sharon here.
Belated Halloween follow-up piece to this one.
if this gets no notes i will actually cry
there are over 300 of us now
this is not enough
i neED MORE HEARTS
Last Friday, typhoon Haiyan locally called typhoon Yolanda one of the strongest typhoons ever recorded in history hit the Philippines leaving 20 provinces devastated. An estimated 4 million people were affected. 10,000 deaths were reported as of date. Thousands of families have lost their homes and loved ones. We need all the help we can get. Here’s a condensed list of how you can help and where you can send your donations:
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- donations via Victory Philippines
- Tulong Kabataan Relief Drive
- relief operations via University of the Philippines
- relief operations via the Department of Education
- pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Global Giving
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via World Food Programme
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- donations via UNICEF Philippines
- donations via CARE Australia
- donations via Caritas Internationalis
- donations via GMA Network (credit card)
- donations via World Vision
- donations via AmeriCares
- donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
I don’t even care if it’s macaroni, ramen or those little bowls you stick in the microwave. Please, I need reassurance that most of the population on tumblr WOULDN’T STARVE TO DEATH if their parents couldn’t fix them food or they couldn’t go out to eat.
Cat break! On Monday, Fiora kept bothering me in the middle of
destroying evidence throwing out old papers and rubbed fur all over my pantlegs. She also kneaded my shoes and old math homework from college.
this might go over the heads of some of the kids on here.
did you just
This is the greatest post I have ever seen because it is both a pun and a harsh truth.